:| The CCA Chairman's Blog |: (unofficial)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Craig Rosenthal - Advertising Jury


Craig

"Why do you keep losing my number!" He asks.

I'm not exactly sure. But for some reason, Craig's number keeps falling into the void between my SIM card and phone memory.

Which means, I usually end up pestering one of Craig's known accomplices to give me his number.

Luckily, thanks to the six degrees of separation (2 degrees in this town.) I always manage to find him.

Last time I saw Craig was in Cannes. Craig and Ivan bagged themselves a bronze lion that night. They only let you take the big walk for Silver and above. (Does that suck or what!) Not to fear, they mail you the hardware later.

And it’s easy to find a Singaporean in Cannes. I saw him and a few other of Singapore's finest loitering around various coffee shops and Chinese restaurants.

We celebrated with a fine Italian dinner and some ice cream. (Crazy bunch huh.)

I’ve known Craig for a few years now. I first met him back when his hair was still spikey and he was working over at DDB.

Craig’s got some great stuff. Love that insurance ambient idea he did with the two cars hitting each other on the lift doors.

Think that ad was in D&AD. That’s back before everybody started padding their books with every kind of scambient ad you could think of.

(Had a kid come in once with an entire book full of scambient ideas. No copy. Just scambient ideas and logos. He was late for our meeting. Told me he had trouble parking his car at Suntec! Poor kid.)

Craig was good enough to judge the Crowbar awards when I was co-chairman last year. He’s very supportive of young talent here in Singapore. How I wish he was around when I was starting out. He’d be a great guy to learn from.

Tian It has a good crew over there. They will no doubt be showing up with some new work this year.

Anyway, I’ve attached some photos from Cannes. Thought it would be nice to give the Art Directors something to look at.