:| The CCA Chairman's Blog |: (unofficial)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

JUAN CABRAL CANCELS!!



Na Beh…

I knew it was too good to be true. Yes, the rumour is confirmed. Sony Balls man Juan Cabral had to pull out of the show.

We tried to juggle some things but we just couldn’t make it work.

Just between us, it was because of a Sony job. It happens. I’m sorry about that guys.
I really am. (Though I hear the girls will be more disturbed by this unfortunate twist of fate.)

But that’s how it goes.

Like I said, putting a jury together is hell.

If I had a dollar for every holiday I cancelled because of some jackass shifting a production schedule on me, I’d be cutting the red ribbon on that pizzeria I keep threatening to open.

As much as you can plan, it all just gets crazy sometimes. I mean, shit, Juan was the first guy who agreed to judge. And that was months ago!

Other than that, for the moment, we are pretty much on track.

I still dread checking my email because I fear another one of the superstars on the jury is going to pull out between now and judging next week.

It sounds so easy to pick a jury. At least that’s what I used to think.

It’s just as hard picking the right people to work for you. You always have your dream team in mind. You know, your MVPs from other agencies. But you know, it’s all about timing sometimes. Either you will prosper from it, or you will be a victim of it.

In the end it all works out somehow. It just does. Thank God there is balance in the universe huh.

Above is Jaun’s video of him saying that he’s sorry that he can’t make the show.

I like that, what a gentleman.